Skills for People is a user-led, voluntary organisation based in Newcastle upon Tyne. They aim to enable disabled people to:
· Lead rich and independent lives.
· Be living the lives they choose.
· Be included in the communities of their choice.
· Be strong, confident and able to speak up for themselves.
· Have more control over the organisations which affect their lives.
· Tell others about the challenges faced by disabled people.
Their work is led by disabled people, especially people with learning disabilities, and their experiences are at the heart of all they do. They help disabled people and their families with person centred plans, support plans, individual service design and advocacy. They support people with learning disabilities to be strong, independent and included in their communities. They support organisations with workforce development, user involvement and user-led Quality Checks.
For more information, contact:
Skills for People, Key House, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 3AT
Telephone: 0191 281 8737
Fax: 0191 212 0300