Friends Action North East (FANE) offers a one to one mentoring programme for adults with a learning disability and autism in the North East. The project is for people who would like to develop new and existing friendships, learn friendship skills and be more active in their own community by joining our project.
What do I get when I join the FANE mentoring programme?
- Induction training programme- delivered by our experienced staff team, the training explores important issues around building and maintaining healthy friendships
- 1:1 support - up to two hours per week with a trained friendship mentor
- A personalised friendship plan - individual friendship goals and SMART targets, small steps guidance and review sessions
- Social activities- access to the full range of FANE social groups
- Friendship resources- access to the Friendkit tools and resources developed by FANE
- Exit plan- when you reach the end of your 1:1 support plan we will ensure you have a clear plan to continue working towards your goals beyond the programme
FANE offers our volunteer friendship mentors with a unique accredited training programme about supporting friendship in a person centred way.
To find out more about the project or to download an application go to our resources page or call the office on 0191 231 4327