Nepacs is a long standing north east charity supporting prisoners’ and their families and loved ones. They deliver a range of services to support children and families impacted by imprisonment and the criminal justice system at prisons, court and in the community.
To help raise awareness of the needs of prisoners’ families and how agencies can support them Nepacs are delivering Hidden Sentence training to professionals from health, local authorities, education, criminal justice and the voluntary sector.
Nepacs are currently offering the following awareness sessions, virtually by Zoom, for £20 per person.
Hidden Sentence awareness sessions, lasting 2.5 hours via Zoom.
- Wednesday 24 March 2021 - 9.30am-12noon
- Tuesday 27 April 2021 - 9.30am-12noon
- Tuesday 25 May 2021 - 1.00pm-3.30pm
- Wednesday 30 June 2021 - 9.30am-12noon
- Thursday 30 September 2021 - 9.30am-12noon
- Wednesday 20 October 2021 - 9.30am-12noon
- Thursday 18 November 2021 - 9.30am-12noon
- Understand the impact of imprisonment on prisoners’ families
- Understand the support needs of prisoners’ families
- Understand the needs and wishes of prisoners’ families
- Increased awareness of the range of resources available for people working with children and families of prisoners.
Listening support skills virtual training sessions, lasting 2.5 hours via Zoom.
- Thursday 20 May 2021 - 9.30am-12noon
- Saturday 25 September 2021 - 9.30am-12noon
- Thursday 21 October 2021 - 9.30am-12noon
- Wednesday 24 November 2021 - 9.30am-12noon
- Understand the need for and skills necessary to deliver appropriate listening support
- Understand and have knowledge of different listening skills and the use of appropriate communication when delivering listening support
- The opportunity to practice skills and consider applying them to difficult situations and topics
- Understand the limitations of listening support, the boundaries of confidentiality and when these must be breached