The PBS Academy is a collective of organisations and individuals in the UK who are working together to promote Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) as a framework for working with children and adults with learning disabilities who are at risk of behaviour that challenges.
The PBS Coalition laid the foundation for this work and published The PBS Competence Framework in 2015. A second phase of this project was completed and a number of resources were developed with specific stakeholder groups to help implement The PBS Competence Framework. These stakeholder groups were:
People with learning disabilities
- Using Positive Behavioural Support To Have a Good Life - Book 1
- Using Positive Behavioural Support To Have a Good Life - Book 2
- Using Positive Behavioural Support To Have a Good Life - Guide for Supporters
- Providing Positive Behavioural Support: A Checklist for Service Providers
- Providing Positive Behavioural Support: A Checklist for Service Providers (Editable Action Plan)
- Positive Behavioural Support Specification for Contracts
- Guide to Identifying Positive Behavioural Support Best Practice for Commissioners and Care Managers
- Key Performance Indicator Tool to Monitor PBS Service Provision - TBA
The PBS Academy has now been established informally and will continue the work of the PBS Coalition. All materials are now published under the PBS Academy name.
If you would like to give us some feedback about these resources, please visit the Feedback page.