Do you look after someone?
Would you like the opportunity to do something for yourself?
If you care for someone who lives in Newcastle upon Tyne, the Carers Opportunities Fund may provide a small grant of up to £200 to help you do something for yourself as a carer.
Can I apply?
What can I apply for?
How do I apply?
You may be eligible for the fund if:
• You provide unpaid care and support to someone who has a disability, a
life limiting illness, is frail, has mental health or drug and alcohol problems
• You are over 18
• The person you care for lives in Newcastle upon Tyne
You are still classed as an unpaid carer if you are receiving Carers Allowance,
or managing Direct Payments/Individual Budgets.
You can apply for a small grant of up to £200 for something that will help
you manage your caring role. This could be:
• Day trips, or a short break in this country
• Cinema, concert or theatre tickets
• An exercise class, educational course, or equipment for these
• Costs towards a hobby, e.g. fishing trips or gardening equipment
• Household items, e.g. washing machine or cooker
• Driving lessons
Download an application pack from our website www.newcastlecarers.org.uk.
Contact us on: Tel 0191 275 5060, SMS 07874 100043, or email
email@example.com, and we can send an application pack out.
The Carers Opportunities Fund is a discretionary fund which has
limited money available, and not all applications are successful
Do you need information and advice? Contact our free and confidential
Carers Information Line on: Tel 0191 275 5060 or SMS 07874 100043.
To find out what services, groups, events and training we provide
around the city visit www.newcastlecarers.org.uk
Please let us know if you need any support to be
able to access our services, e.g. an interpreter.