NHS England have commissioned a family engagement project for the families of children with a learning disability and/or autism up to the age of 25. This project is part of the Transforming Care agenda.
Some of the general areas to be addressed will include:
- Experience of your child and family during the ‘diagnosis’ of learning disability and/ or autism – during and after
- What helps of would have helped to keep people out of long stay hospital?
- What are the gaps in services?
- How strong is your voice in influencing services?
- Are you aware of the support already available?
The desired outcomes for this project will be to:
- Influence the services commissioned
- Increase awareness of the services available
- Strengthen the voices of people who use these services
Participants will engage with this project by completing a questionnaire.
For further information, please email email@example.com or telephone 0191 281 8737