Step 1: Locating The App Store
- Apple phones: Go on homescreen, locate the App Store App (Blue Icon)
- Androids phones: Go on homescreen, locate the Google Play App (Play Button Icon)
Step 2: Downloading WhatsApp
- After tapping on the App, use the search bar (top of the page) and search WhatsApp
- Then tap on the install button to download WhatsApp
Don't worry it's free!!
Step 3: Setting up WhatsApp
- Once installed, tap the app and the set up screen will appear
- Follow the instructions that WhatsApp requests
- It will ask you to agree to the terms and conditions, and ask for your mobile phone number
Step 4: Creating a Profile
- Then you get to create a profile!
- You'll need to include your name and a profile picture so your friends and family can recognise you!
Step 5: Getting Started
Now that your all set up, let's get you started!
- Firstly, all your mobile phone contacts will also be your contacts on WhatsApp
- To look at your contacts click the message button and they should all appear
Step 6: Sending a Message
- To send a message go on your contact list and tap on the person you want to message
- Then use the text box to type a message and click send!
Step 7: Sending a Photo/Voice Note
- You can use the microphone button to send a voice recording or the camera to send a photo.
- Use the Emoji button (smiley face) to send emojis/reactions
Step 8: Phone Calls
- To make a call tap the CALLS button
- Then tap the green phone button
- Then select the contact that you wish to call!
Step 9: Video Calls
- To make a video call is the same as making a phone call
- Instead of tapping the phone button tap the video button instead on the contact you'd like to video call
Step 10: Features of Video Calls
- The red phone means to end the call
- The microphone is to mute yourself
- The camera button is to switch to your rear camera
Step 11: Receiving Phone/Video Calls
When some calls/video calls you can either...
- Receive the call by swiping up on the video
- Reject the call by tapping the red button...
- Send a message instead by tapping the message button
Step 12: Group Chats
You can also create group chats!
- First tap on the green message button
- Then tap on new group icon at the top of the page
Step 13: Creating a Group Chat
- Then tap on the contacts you like to add.
- After you can type a group name and add a profile picture
- Tap the green button once your done and your group will be created
Step 14: Useful links
Below are some useful links if your still stuck:
Click on the attached file below for more information!