Rising Sun Countryside Park
The park is open every day of year. The Rising Sun Countryside Centre and grounds are closed between Christmas and New Year.
October to April 9am-dusk (Mon-Fri) 9.30am-4.30pm (Sat-Sun and bank holidays)
May to September 9am-8pm (Mon to Thursday, Friday closing 7.30pm) 9.30am-4.30pm (Sat-Sun and bank holidays)
The Rising Sun Country Park is a green oasis of 162 hectares, set in the heart of North Tyneside.
Boasting a nature reserve with ponds, woodlands and extensive grasslands; a farm and Countryside Centre, the site is a haven for wildlife and an ideal place to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.
Admission is free. Parking and disabled parking is provided within the grounds (or in the neighbouring ASDA Benton car park).
You can even hire one of our function rooms or outdoor areas for your own event!
Facilities and attractions:
- extensive footpaths, bridleways and cycleways to explore
- selected routes are wheelchair-accessible
- bird hides
- cafe with terrace and park views
- free parking with picnic and barbecue area
- educational visits
- children’s play area and water play feature
- events programme and activities
- volunteer opportunities
- hire our facilities for meetings, functions, events and parties
- regular cycling and Nordic walking groups
- toilet facilities
- exhibition room
The Country Park actively promotes healthy living and provides a resource for outdoor activities, healthy home-cooked food and encourages sustainable practices.
The park is managed in partnership by North Tyneside Council and the Rising Sun Farm Trust.
See the below document for information about our orienteering course.