The Ancient Unicorn Inn
Andy and the team welcome you to The Ancient Unicorn which we purchased in early 2015 and set about renovating the bar, restaurant, letting rooms and restoring the historic building and it’s character. Every month we have been continually updating the Inn for you to enjoy.
The building is steeped in history – Charles Dickens was a guest in days gone by and based some of his writing on the local area, and another famous visitor was the artist William Turner who painted some landscapes in the local area. It is rumoured from local stories that the building is haunted by two young lovers and you can see their graves in the village churchyard.
Now the building will give you a warm welcome whatever the reason for your visit – breaking your journey..
Our Inn offers the following facilities for your enjoyment:
- 12 letting rooms (10 en-suite, 2 with shared bathroom) 4 of which are dog friendly.
- The Ostlers Bar with real ales, ciders, great spirits and superb home cooked food.
- The Bowes Restaurant
- Coffee Shop
- Home cooked food served all day
- Function room for family events, buffets, meetings etc
- Conference room for business meetings, training course.