To recognise and reward the sporting achievements of participants, clubs, coaches and volunteers in 2018.
The awards event is to be held on Thursday 14th March 2019 at Kingston Park Stadium, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Male Personality - For males who have achieved sporting excellence at a regional, national or international level.
- Female Personality - For females who have achieved sporting excellence at a regional, national or international level.
- Young Male Achiever - For boys aged 17 and under (at 31 December 2018) who have achieved success at a regional, national or international level.
- Young Female Achiever - For girls aged 17 and under (at 31 December 2018) who have achieved success at a regional, national or international level.
- Participant Award - For a disabled person who has overcome obstacles or personal difficulties to achieve their specific sporting goal.
- Team of the Year - For the team big or small that has shone during the year.
- Coach of the Year - For the coach who has selflessly given of their time and expertise to guide, inspire and motivate an individual or wider group of disabled athletes and players.
- Service to Sport Award - A volunteer, administrator, official or organiser at any level who has, over time, demonstrated a high level of commitment and made a positive contribution to the inclusive or disability club, community group or sporting body in which he or she has given their support. This person may work ‘behind the scenes’ of a club, team or scheme in a crucial role doing a job which is often not recognised.
- Outstanding Club or Group Award - An inclusive or disability sports club or community group which provides high quality opportunities for disabled sports people.
- Education Award - A special educational needs, mainstream school or college which provides high quality opportunities for disabled people.
How to nominate - Nominating is easy, simply fill out the online form at: www.nedsa.co.uk
CLOSING DATE FOR NOMINATIONS: 20th JANUARY 2019.
If you would like further information or a paper copy of the nomination form, please contact your local County Sports Partnership.