Healthy Habits Service
Healthy Habits is a long term peer-to-peer support network for those with a common goal to have healthier habits.
The Healthy Habits service is for people age 55+ who wish to improve their diet, increase physical activity, reduce alcohol intake and/or stop smoking.
Benefits of the Healthy Habits programme:
- year-long programme
- helps genuine lifestyle changes
- includes taster sessions
- workshops, guest speakers
- 5 ways to wellbeing
To be suitable for the healthy habits service, people must meet the following criteria:
- Be a North Tyneside resident
- Be aged 55 and over
- Be able to attend workshop sessions in North Shields once lockdown rules allow
- Be willing to commit to a long-term programme of activities (1 year)
- Be living independently in the community
Please see the attached referral form to fill in.
NOTE: Consent must be obtained from the individual being referred to this service for their details to be passed on so they can be contacted. Please ensure that all parts of this form are completed, along with referrer details, so you can be contacted about this referral if required.
If you have any further questions about the service or would like to discuss a referral, please call 0191 280 8484 to speak with a member of the Healthy Habits team.