Workshops for parents/carers of a child aged between 3 - 16 years old with a clinical diagnosis of autism.
- About the Family Dog Service
- What to expect from your dog
- How to get your children involved in looking after a dog
- Developing the child-dog bond
- Selecting the right dog
- How dogs communicate with us
- How a dog can help your family
- How dogs learn
- Problem solving
- Setting up a training session
- Different training styles
- Advanced training
- Goal setting
Attendees are required to attend all three workshops
Family Dog Workshops are ideal if you:
Are at the early stages of considering getting a dog to help your autistic child
Know that you want to get a dog and are looking for help choosing and handling a dog
- Already have a pet dog but would like training ideas and support
The series of three one day workshops use a combination of practical demonstrations, discussions, hands on learning and course handouts.
Following the workshops, ongoing support is available to families including telephone support, online resources and a private Facebook group.